Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Committed

I think it's safe to say I've officially committed to van life.  I was a little wishy washy about it last winter when I was only living in the van for about two months until I ran out of money and went back to work and lived in an apartment for a while.  But this time, I'm all in.  I sold my car last night.  My nice, super reliable, 4WD Honda with 150,000 miles on it, to show some solidarity to Silas, my less nice, less new, 2WD rig with 230,000 miles on it and a slew of needed improvements.  Hope I don't regret that one...  I've also given away three large trash bags of clothes, sold another bags worth, as well as anything else around the house I thought someone would pay good money for.  I put a bunch of money into Silas and new gear.  I said goodbye to my boyfriend his his pup, Mars.  And this morning, I traded in all the coins in my piggy bank to make sure I have the most money possible so I can have as much fun as possible before I need to get another job.   I leave tomorrow.  Well, technically today!  I am so, so excited, and also suddenly apprehensive.  Climb, ski, bike, play, explore.  Here I come!

Bye Mars, stay cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment