Saturday, March 14, 2015

Breckenridge

Time to play catch up!  Get ready for a blog dump (hopefully).  Breckenridge is a huge mountain so we were extremely lucky to have my very patient Uncle Jeff showing us around.  Whenever I think I'm getting decent at skiing, I just have to ski with UJ for a minute and then I remember what good skiing actually looks like.  We were fortunate that the mountain had received some new snow that week, so we experienced our first rock-free day of skiing!  UJ took us all over the mountain and we had a fabulous day of skiing.  It got a little windy at the top of Peak 6, but other than that the weather was great.  Chelsea and I used the  T-Bar for the first time, which was quite entertaining.  We skiied all day until Chelsea and I could no longer feel our legs (of course Uncle Jeff was still feeling fresh).  By the last run I ws just straight-lining because my legs were too tired to turn.  If I need to slow down I looked for a little powder stash at the edge of the trees to take some speed off.  We finished the day off with nacho fries, beers, and smiles!  Thanks for being our guide UJ!  

Our time in Breckenridge was made even better by the hospitality of our wonderful friends.  We shared meals, hot tubs, and laughs.  Courtney was nice enough to give us $60 vouchers to ski Breckenridge (which, at $140 a day, we would not have been able to afford skiing otherwise!)  We also went on several gorgeous hikes and snowshoes with the dogs.  The dogs love the mountains and enjoyed some nice ten mile romps through the snow!





No comments:

Post a Comment